You lose track of time in Londonland. I’ve now been here almost as long as the first time I lived in London in 2013. Ten months.
When I think about it, the biggest differences between living in London now compared to 2 years ago are:
- now in a relationship
- living and working in uncharted territory on the northside of London
- less alcohol consumption, even despite working at a drinks company!
- cooking more in 1 week versus a whole 10 months in London! (yes, you read that correctly)
- actually living life here (12 month rental lease, 20 class yoga pass etc!) instead of avoiding commitment and treating it like a giant working holiday
Before I share the 15 things that got me through the London winter, check out my other blogs on life in London so far:
And here are the 15 things!
1. Sofar Sounds gig in a creative space near Tower Bridge including music artists like Rhys Lewis who supports Lucy Rose on tour and Vaults who featured on the Fifty Shades of Grey movie soundtrack. Also saw Lucy Rose support City and Colour at Troxy!
2. Work team christmas party at Bumpkin in South Kensington where I walked away with a guitar spatula and fluffy dog (sadly not real) with a heat pack tummy thanks to my Secret Santa!
3. Winter Wonderland round 2! Less time in the beer hall and more on the rides! Loved the Haunted Mansion ride! To see it through our eyes, watch the video
4. Orphan’s xmas party at our place in West Hampstead with a mix of Aussies, English and a Latvian and Brazilian – silly christmas jumpers and all!
5. Rushing to Russia for a white Christmas!
6. Strolling through Hyde Park and meeting a small and friendly pooch at The Victoria pub
7. Hammer and Tongue Poetry Slam UK Final at the Royal Albert Hall
8. Faro for a dose of sunlight!
9. Australia Day celebrations at Clapham Grand including bogan bingo complete with mullets, blow up kangaroos and distasteful jokes
10. Surprise Liverpool weekend as an early Valentine’s Day present to Harry
11. Crystal Palace to see where my grandmother lived until she was 3 years old!
12. Valentine’s Day at Ripley’s Believe It or Not with prosecco and chocolates, followed by dinner at Lalibela, our local Ethiopian restaurant
13. Borrowmydoggy is one of the best inventions on the planet! We’ve made a special bond with an amazingly talented and personality plus cockapoo that we will soon be having over for sleepovers! I can feel a whole new set of blog posts coming on!
14. Trying new food including jewish style salt beef bagels from Beigel Bake in Brick Lane, Lemonia in Primrose Hill, Banana Tree in West Hampstead and Dishoom in King’s Cross (all delicious and highly recommended by the way!)
15. Blognix Retreat in the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside on a whim and so glad I did! Lovely bunch of creative and talented people all willing to share their experiences and ideas on the blogosphere!
Last time I lived in London, I cheated the winter and moved back to Australia in January. This time, I’ve made it through the coldest and darkest months and when I wake up tomorrow it will be spring.