I’m not a luxury travel blogger. But I do like comfort and I love sleep even more. When on city breaks, I also aim to save time by staying in central accommodation or close to public transport. This hotel IS close to public transport and all of 9 minutes train travel to Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). Long story short – I would recommend this hotel to others.
- Easy to get to
- Welcoming and friendly staff on reception
- Quick check in process
- Busy restaurant
- Small dog relaxing with its owner under one of the tables – love!
How to get there:
- From Flughafen Airport, catch the S1 line to Wandsbeker Chaussee station
- When exiting the station, turn right and you’ll need to take a couple more right turns to get to the Ibis Hamburg Alsterring
- If you’ve walked for longer than 5 minutes you’ve walked too far
- Note: there is more than one Ibis Hotel in Hamburg so make sure you’re heading towards the right one
The 5 best things:
- Comfortable bed
- Quiet room
- Friendly and attentive staff
- Choice of hot or continental breakfast
- Make your own waffle bar!
What could be better:
- Shampoo / conditioner – I’d recommend to bring your own
- Fruit salad at breakfast – be early or you might miss out
So there you have it. No deal breakers there for me. It really depends what you’re looking for from your accommodation. For my style of travel I generally try to spend as much time as possible exploring and the rest enjoying a deep sleep.
Our accommodation at Ibis Hamburg Alsterring in November 2016 was complimentary on an all-inclusive basis.