As an expat, we’re often willing to talk about ourselves and our experience living overseas. But have you ever thought about it from a dog’s point of view? I don’t have my own dog (at the moment), but if I was an expat dog from Australia, here’s what I would tell you about my life in London:
- I can go to the pub with my best friends (including humans!)
- I’m often welcomed into cafes with a bowl of water, warm pat and sometimes even a special doggy treat
- I can join my owner on public transport instead of them travelling alone
- I’m allowed off my lead in parks as long as my owner picks up my special deliveries
- There are more pet-friendly accommodation options in the UK so I can go on holidays too!
- I spend a lot more time with other dogs in parks instead of in the backyard at home
- When Mum and/or Dad are busy I have other best friends from BorrowMyDoggy take me out for an hour, day or sometimes even a sleepover
- I have a fuller wardrobe in London with its four seasons
- I get to chase squirrels and foxes instead of the same old smelly neighbourhood cat
- I walk a LOT… actually my human besties walk MUCH more in London than in Australia
Sounds like I prefer to live in London doesn’t it? Wellll, I LOVE being included in more of my favourite humans’ lives in London… but! I really miss the Australian sun, frolics on the beach and getting my face outside the car window to feel the wind in my hair and smell ALL the things! Actually I think that’s the Aussie expat HUMAN speaking!